Singing mums, juggling brothers, 72 pairs of socks and an update on the long distance relationship between Boss the Boston Terrier and Victoria the Boston Terrier are just some of the highlights from today's Big BOSS Challenging Quiz!
After wanting to incorporate some of the excitement from our in-house, and ever so popular 'Ballistic Trivia' quiz, we incorporated a number of challenges into today's in a bid to get our student riled up and active, earning the right to answer those questions and win those oh so precious points in a bid to claim victory. It was exciting, it was active, it was challenging and it was fun! If you couldn't make it, please read on, and watch our video, it might make you laugh!
If you were unable to make it to today's session, you can watch it in full below:
Today's quiz questions and answers
1. What sort of creature is a dingo?
2. In which country is the Taj Mahal?
3. Who was the first man to walk on the moon?
4. What are the names of Harry Potter’s parents?
5. What are the four oceans called?
Round One Answers
1. A wild dog
3. Neil Armstrong
4. James and Lily
5. Arctic, Atlantic, Indian and Pacific
1. Which language is spoken in Australia?
2. What is the name of the tree that produces acorns?
3. What is a baby kangaroo called?
4. How many sides does a hexagon have?
5. How many strings does a violin have?
Round Two Answers
1. What is the highest mountain in Great Britain?
2. What is the capital of New Zealand?
3. Which fairy tale character slept for 100 years?
4. The Great Barrier Reef is located in which country?
5. In the nursery rhyme, who ‘kissed the girls and made them cry’?
Round Three Answers
1. Ben Nevis
3. Sleeping Beauty
5. Georgie Porgie
1. What sort of animal is the video game character Sonic?
2. In which forest do Robin Hood and his Merry Men live?
3. Helsinki is the capital city of which country?
4. How many pockets does a snooker table have?
5. On which continent is India located?
Round Four Answers
1. What is the name given to an animal that only eats plants?
2. In which year did the Second World War end?
3. What is Dr Who’s time machine called?
4. What is the name of the organ that pumps blood around the body?
5. What two colours make up the flag of Spain?
Round Five Answers
5. Red and yellow
1. How many hours are there in two days?
2. In “The Jungle Book”, what kind of animal is Baloo?
3. What is the name of the tree that produces conkers?
4. What kind of food is pawpaw?
5. What is a baby goat called?
Round Six Answers
3. Horse chestnut
Takeaways from today's session
- Tomorrow, students will give a short talk similar to a "TED Talk". Their talk must be thought provoking and inspire the other students and last for a minimum of 90 seconds and a maximum of 3 minutes. Students should check out "TED Talks" on YouTube for inspiration and can either make a recording of their talk to show to their fellow students or present it live during the session.
For inspiration, check out the video below. This may also help you with Thursday's creative writing activity as it is called 'How to Write a Novel' by Nara Duffie.
- On Thursday we are sending an open invitation to our students' world of imagination, so it’s time to get those creative cogs turning. All we want is for you to be creative, to use your imagination, to put pen to paper and share your story in no more, and no less than 500 words. The best place to start is at the beginning. Even if you don’t have an idea, just start writing and you’ll be surprised how quick the ideas will come.
Students must share their 500 word stories with their fellow students as they are reading them so that they too can read along.
BOSS Online English Lessons
We are also now offering online English lessons. Should you be interested but for these, the following costs will apply:
One-to-one lessons at £25 per hour
Group lessons at £15 per hour (maximum class size 6)
Exam preparation classes at £25 per hour (maximum class size 4)
If you book a block of 10 one-to-one classes, you will receive one class free saving 10%.
If you book a block of 10 group lessons, you will receive two free classes saving 20%.
To find out more about our online English lessons, please click here.
BOSS Online Activities
Please remember that all online activities are completely free and that you should register here. We will be offering these online activities for at least the next 2 weeks with this week's activities below:
For now, stay safe and we hope that we will see you all for the TED Talk activity tomorrow at 13:00 (GMT)!