BOSS Online students demanded that we have another book club following the success of the first ever book club 3 weeks ago. This time around we read The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry and 100% of our students enjoyed the book and said that they had learned something from it!
In other news, today was supposed to be the last day of BOSS Online but we are having so much fun that we are happy to announce that we will continue for the foreseeable future or at least until summer when we hope to welcome students to BOSS in real life!
Please watch the video below for an in-depth review of The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry:
Takeaways from today's session
- On Monday we will have our usual Monday Meeting as well as a discussion sharing our experiences, advice and tips as we discuss surviving the quarantine.
- On Tuesday we will have The BOSS Online Students’ Quiz. Every week BOSS Online students say that they want another quiz, and why not!? This week however, students will be responsible for the quiz as we ask them to bring five of their own questions to ask their classmates!
- On Wednesday we will have The BOSS Film Club and discuss the film Spirited Away (PG). We have chosen to watch Spirited Away as it is one of the top ranked films of all time with a score of 8.6/10 on IMDb.com and it is available on Netflix.
Spirited Away is a wondrous fantasy about a young girl named Chihiro who discovers a secret world of strange spirits, creatures and sorcery. When her parents are mysteriously transformed, she must call upon the courage she never knew she had to free herself and return her family to the outside world.
- On Thursday we will have the first project of the week – BOSS does “TED Talks”. Yes, again! The students enjoyed it so much that they want to do it again!
A TED Talk is a showcase for speakers presenting great, well-formed ideas and we are asking students to talk for a minimum of 90 seconds and a maximum of 3 minutes.
What should you talk about?
You can talk about one of two things:
Something that’s new and surprising; an idea or invention that your audience has never heard about.
A very simple idea, maybe something that your audience has already heard about but with your new idea that challenges what people may already know.
For inspiration, head to YouTube and check out the TED Talks channel where you will find the best talks and performances from the world's leading thinkers and doers. There are thousands that you could check out.
- Finally, on Friday we will have our second project of the week – BOSS TV! TV shows don't just magically appear on screens. They might look slick and seamless, but it’s because of incredible amounts of work and preparation for each episode. So why not see if we can make our own TV show? Let’s develop an idea, write a script and design the set. Let’s bring BOSS TV to BOSS Online with our imaginations and creativity.
BOSS Online English Lessons
We are also now offering online English lessons. Should you be interested but for these, the following costs will apply:
Group lessons at £15 per hour (maximum class size 6)
One-to-one lessons at £25 per hour
Exam preparation classes at £25 per hour (maximum class size 4)
If you book a block of 10 one-to-one classes, you will receive one class free saving 10%.
If you book a block of 10 group lessons, you will receive two free classes saving 20%.
To find out more about our online English lessons, please click here.
BOSS Online Activities
Please remember that all online activities are completely free and that you should register here. We are now offering these online activities for the foreseeable future with next week's activities below:
For now, stay safe and have a great weekend! We hope that we will see you all on Monday at 13:00 (GMT)!