I know we keep on saying this but today really was the best BOSS Online session to date. Even my wife, qualified in teaching English with CELTA, DELTA, MA TESOL, 16 years teaching experience and language company Director eavesdropped on today’s session and was very impressed commenting, “The interaction between the students was really incredible!” That makes us at BOSS happy!
Blanca "the Riddle Queen" was crowned victor however everyone in today's session deserves a d bit well done and thank you! It was a lot of fun!
If you were unable to make it to today's Riddle Me This quiz, we made a recording of it which you can watch below.
BLOOPER ALERT! BELOW ARE THE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS FROM THE RIDDLE ME THIS QUIZ TODAY:
1. Riddle: What has to be broken before you can use it? Answer: An egg
2. Riddle: I’m tall when I’m young, and I’m short when I’m old. What am I? Answer: A candle
3. Riddle: What month of the year has 28 days? Answer: All of them
4. Riddle: What is full of holes but still holds water? Answer: A sponge
5. Riddle: What question can you never answer yes to? Answer: Are you asleep yet?
1. Riddle: David’s parents have three sons: Snap, Crackle, and what’s the name of the third son? Answer: David
2. Riddle: I follow you all the time and copy your every move, but you can’t touch me or catch me. What am I? Answer: Your shadow
2. Riddle: What has many keys but can’t open a single lock? Answer: A piano
4. Riddle: What can you hold in your left hand but not in your right? Answer: Your right elbow
5. Riddle: What is black when it’s clean and white when it’s dirty? Answer: A chalkboard
1. Riddle: What has hands, but can’t clap? Answer: A clock
2. Riddle: What can you catch, but not throw? Answer: A cold
3. Riddle: What kind of band never plays music? Answer: A rubber band
4. Riddle: What has words, but never speaks? Answer: A book
5. Riddle: What has a thumb and four fingers, but is not a hand? Answer: A glove
1. Riddle: Mary has four daughters, and each of her daughters has a brother. How many children does Mary have? Answer: Five—each daughter has the same brother.
2. Riddle: Which is heavier: a ton of bricks or a ton of feathers? Answer: Neither—they both weigh a ton.
3. Riddle: A little girl goes to the store and buys one dozen eggs. As she is going home, all but three break. How many eggs are left unbroken? Answer: Three
4. Riddle: If there are three apples and you take away two, how many apples do you have? Answer: You have two apples.
5. Riddle: If two’s company, and three’s a crowd, what are four and five? Answer: Nine
1. Riddle: What begins with an “e” and only contains one letter? Answer: An envelope
2. Riddle: What would you find in the middle of Toronto? Answer: The letter “o”
3. Riddle: What 4-letter word can be written forward, backward or upside down, and can still be read from left to right? Answer: NOON
4. Riddle: What is the end of everything? Answer: The letter “g”
5. Riddle: What word is pronounced the same if you take away four of its five letters? Answer: Queue
Takeaways from today's meeting
- Tomorrow, students will be presenting the businesses that they have created for our BOSS Business project. We want our students to think outside of the box, to be creative and to be unique when generating their ideas. We would also like students to produce a presentation or prototype of their business to show to their fellow students who, following the presentations, will have the opportunity to ask their e-classmates questions.
- On Thursday we will have the BOSScars Film Festival when students will screen films that they have made themselves for their classmates. The theme for the films is "your new life", films must be a minimum of 3 minutes and a maximum of 5 minutes and they must use as much spoken English as possible. Students will then have the opportunity to vote for the winners of the BOSScars in the following categories - best costume, best actor, best supporting actor, best editing and best film. Students should have their films prepared on their computers and share their screens for others to see.
- On Friday we will have two activities in one. Foodie Friday and the Arty Party. For Foodie Friday, students must prepare their favourite food and present it to their classmates, explaining what it is, why it is their favourite food, how it tastes and how to make it by sharing the recipe.
For the Arty Party, students must prepare a work of art that shows their "favourite view". Students must then answer questions about their artwork.
- We are trying to create an online classroom in which students can continue their discussions outside of our one hour daily sessions. The software that we are using is called 'Edmodo' (www.edmodo.com) and students can become "members of the classroom" by using the classcode '5tmxx9'. We would be very happy if all students could join this online classroom so that we can enhance the BOSS Online experience.
Please remember that all online activities are completely free and that you should register here. We will be offering these online activities for at least the next 4 weeks with this week's activities below:
We are also now offering online English lessons should you be interested but for these, the following costs will apply:
One-to-one lessons at £25 per hour
Group lessons at £15 per hour (maximum class size 6)
Exam preparation classes at £25 per hour (maximum class size 4)
If you book a block of 10 one-to-one classes, you will receive one class free saving 10%.
If you book a block of 10 group lessons, you will receive two free classes saving 20%.
To find out more about our online Eglish lessons, please click here.
For now, stay safe and we hope that we will see you all tomorrow for the BOSS Business Project Presenations at 13:00 (GMT)!